Would you like to improve people’s wellbeing through inclusive volunteering that empowers and engages?
We are looking for a Programs & Engagement Manager and a Project Coordinator – Volunteering Support Services who would be excited by Volunteer West’s goals of:
1. Supporting community members to find volunteer opportunities. Our strength is providing personalised guidance and support through a volunteer-for-volunteers model
2. Providing training and support to coordinators and managers of volunteers, and to organisations that run volunteering programs
3. Advocating for the growth of socially inclusive volunteering across Melbourne’s west, in all its forms (face-to-face and online, short and long-term engagement).
The breadth of Volunteer West’s geographic reach is significant, covering 6 local government areas in Melbourne’s west with unique community strengths and challenges as a growth area. Given our size and the challenge of servicing a fifth of Melbourne’s metro population (estimated at 880,000), we work through collaborations and coalitions to deliver services that reach diverse communities and meet service needs across the region.
As Programs & Engagement Manager (19 hours/week), you’ll play an instrumental role in growing Volunteer West’s impact. The role will have a service delivery focus, designing and delivering community engagement projects, with strategic engagement responsibilities. You’ll be expected to:
1. Take a lead role in developing and delivering projects & collaborative programs with partners and volunteers.
2. Manage Volunteer West’s relationships with key stakeholders including funding bodies, government agencies, other community centres and peak bodies.
3. Manage and analyse service delivery data and program evaluation results to compile into impact reports.
4. Working with the CEO, undertake research that provides practical insights for improving volunteering in Melbourne’s west.
As Project Coordinator – Volunteering Support Services (11.5 hours/week), you’ll ensure that volunteer support services and projects provided by Volunteer West across our service region are of a high quality and meet local community needs. You’ll also form close working relationships with local governments and coordinate special projects with the aim of reducing barriers to volunteer participation.
Applications close Sunday 19th April 2020.
For more details please see the attached position descriptions.